[request] single note shortcuts from mobile homepage

Hi, one of the feature I miss from Evernote is the possibility to add shortcuts to single notes on the homepage of my Android device. There’s some note I need to quickly and repeatedly access from the homepage of my phone because I think it’s faster then accessing the app and choosing the right note.
What do you think

5 Likes

I think I understand what you’re getting at.

What do you think about if you could add a tag (something like “homepage”) to certain notes and those ones would appear on the opening screen of the app?
Would that be right for you?

The problem is that Joplin is a react-native app, which means it has a few restrictions. I don’t know if your suggestion is even possible. At least not with the app itself. Maybe one could provide a widget for Android, but then the app would have to support deep linking. Yet again, I don’t know, whether this is possible with react-native.
The idea is great… and I always wanted to suggest deep linking as a feature request.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, not too bad as a temporary fix

I see, I misunderstood what you wanted, tessus made it clear. Unfortunately I also think this is too challenging for the time being.

For what it’s worth, I’d really appreciate this functionality as well.

1 Like

It seems like it’s possible and not even too complex: https://medium.com/better-programming/react-native-how-to-build-a-home-screen-widget-for-ios-and-android-8b2d7db343cb

I would be happy to look at building the native widget if support could be added to the main app.

2 Likes