Home / GitHub Page

[request] single note shortcuts from mobile homepage

Hi, one of the feature I miss from Evernote is the possibility to add shortcuts to single notes on the homepage of my Android device. There’s some note I need to quickly and repeatedly access from the homepage of my phone because I think it’s faster then accessing the app and choosing the right note.
What do you think

1 Like

I think I understand what you’re getting at.

What do you think about if you could add a tag (something like “homepage”) to certain notes and those ones would appear on the opening screen of the app?
Would that be right for you?

0 Likes

The problem is that Joplin is a react-native app, which means it has a few restrictions. I don’t know if your suggestion is even possible. At least not with the app itself. Maybe one could provide a widget for Android, but then the app would have to support deep linking. Yet again, I don’t know, whether this is possible with react-native.
The idea is great… and I always wanted to suggest deep linking as a feature request.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, not too bad as a temporary fix

0 Likes

I see, I misunderstood what you wanted, tessus made it clear. Unfortunately I also think this is too challenging for the time being.

0 Likes