Problem installing on iPad 2 running iOS 9.3.5

Joplin iPad v10.7.2
iPad 2, iOS 9.3.5

I have tried to install Joplin on my rather old iPad 2 running iOS 9.3.5 (the latest iOS that this iPad will run). App Store says the Joplin app (10.7.2) needs iOS 9.0 or later. The app downloaded and apparently installed but does not open: a white screen appears for an instant then disappears. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app but with the same result. Any suggestions, please?

Some more background: I have been using Evernote for at least five years on a Mac and the iPad but since the iPad updated its iOS recently, would not activate, and I had to Restore, I am now unable to run or reinstall Evernote. I came across Joplin and installed on the Mac (also quite old) and it looks to be a great replacement for Evernote. And the ability to import all my notes from Evernote looks excellent. But I really want something that will run and sync on the iPad too, if possible. Many thanks in advance for any help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.