Possible Bug in Backup-Plugin?

Dear all,

I believe there is a bug somewhere in the Backup-Plug that causes backups to be deleted instead of updated. Just checked the designated folder for Joplin backups and found it completely empty.

My Windows-backup tells me that at 18:38 the folder was empty, the previous backup at 17:49 contained the backup-jex and the profile folder. In the hour between those two backups the Joplin-files have apparently been deleted/removed.

Has anyone else possibly experienced this?

Cheers,
kai.

Joplin 2.3.5 (prod, win32)

Client ID: 005a2610d4c449ff86002adfe517ff3e
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 39
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 819af3c

The backups are not updated (Add or delete some files), but created each time.

The normal procedure of the plugin to creating a backup is as follows:

1. Create a backup under a new name
  2. Delete old backup
  3. Move new backup

After a backup run you had no backup?
Did you get a error message?
You can activate the logging, the log file is than stored under ~/.config/joplin-desktop/cache/io.github.jackgruber.backup/backup.log.

Good evenening,

sorry for the late reply; only saw your post just now.

1. No idea whether there was a backup run just before; I just noticed that there was no longer a backup file.
  2. No, no error message
  3. Thanks for the logging tip; I'll activate that and check the next time this occurs.

Cheers,
kai.

PS - just checked the settings; "Error" is set in the logging, directory does not contain a .log-file. In fact, all 3 files are from August (probably from when I installed the plugin).

PPS - on my pc the logfile is created in the same folder as the .jex-backup ...

That is correct, only on error the log is located in the profile.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.