Plugin: 🎨 macOS theme for Joplin

Seems to be the version are not compatible, in the use of plug-in can lead to take up a lot of CPU, show white, can't operate joplin
joplin windows:v2.9.17
macos-theme:v1.3.11

Here it is still working fine, but I'm on a mac M1 Max.

You're not the only one who has mentioned degrading performance. I'm surprised that this plugin - which is doing very little other than appending CSS - can cause so much trouble. Tbh, I think there's a bigger issue with the plugin system, which is why I won't try to fix this issue (and spend my time on Desktop UI in stead ;)).

1 Like

The macOS plugin is bricking my Joplin on both Arch Linux and Windows 11 to the point that I cannot even operate the menus. In order to disable the MacOS plugin I have to force-quit joplin and open the options menu before the macOS plugin is fully loaded.

2 Likes

The macOS theme plugin removes the scrollbar in the Go to window.

See Searching for phrases - #8 by laurent .

This should be fixed with the latest update of the plugin.

1 Like

Thanks for the bug fix. But I don't see any changes:

macOS Ventura 13.2, M1, Joplin latest release version.

Update worked successfully for me. I am re-enabling the plugin and will report back if I experience crashes again.

1 Like

v1.3.12 is the version that I was referring to, but v1.3.13 is on its way with a small tweak.

1 Like

The problem is back. I can reliably reproduce it when clicking on the sidebar to expand a parent notebook to show child notebooks. Each of my notebooks has a leading emoji if that is significant.

@andrejilderda, it appears that your plugin is crushing joplin during update from 2.10.17 to either 2.10.18 or 2.10.19 - please see my post here: Joplin 2.10.18 does not open after update from 2.10.17 - #4 by bre

I accidentally installed the plugin on windows application and after restart the app crashed. Can you please help me resolve the issue?

@linliiq32 welcome to the forum.

If you mean that after installing the plugin Joplin crashed and continues to crash every time you start it, one thing to try first is to:

Ensure that Joplin is fully quit (i.e. not running at all). Then go to...

C:\Users\<username>\.config\joplin-desktop\plugins (where <username> is your account username)

and delete...

com.andrejilderda.macOSTheme@1.3.13.jpl (or whatever version you have installed)

Then restart Joplin.

1 Like

This is a really awesome plugin. I'm not particularly pro-mac, but this is IMHO how Joplin should look out of the box.

I would love an easy way to change the base font types and sizes from the GUI though. I realize there are ways to hack it through the config files, but we are not all programmers used to deal with style sheets.

1 Like

Experienced the following issue, which goes away when I disable the macOS theme plugin (v1.3.13): Anyone else have a grey vertical bar at left edge of the MD editor?

Specifically, it seems like it might be a conflict between macOS Theme plugin and Folding in Code Mirror Editor plugin:

Added issue to github: grey vertical bar at left edge of the MD editor when both macOS theme and Folding in Code Mirror Editor plugins are enabled · Issue #108 · andrejilderda/joplin-macos-native-theme · GitHub

Thank you for the awesome theme!
I'm on Windows 11, and the last 4 toolbar icons are blank for me. (Horizontal line, Blockquote, Table, Insert time). I have Joplin 2.13.9 and installed the macOS theme plugin version 1.3.13 from inside Joplin. I have the icon family set to Phosphor. Am I doing something wrong to cause those icons not to appear?
Thanks!

This should be fixed in the latest version (v.1.3.14). Enjoy!

Looks good, thanks!

Hi,

I love your macOS theme for Joplin, it looks awesome!

The only thing I just noticed:
When I enable the new note list preview plugin, the layout and typography of the note list plugin look very inconsistent with the MacOS theme.

Would it be possible to adjust the MacOS theme plugin so it supports the new note list preview layout and everything looks consistent?

I don't plan on adding support for the plugin mentioned, but am open to PR's!

Thanks so much for the theme! It looks gorgeous. :slight_smile:
My only gripe is that in the markdown rendering on light mode, lists are somewhat hard to read. I'm usually not super big on over the top contrasts, but the default is just not working for me. I solved it with this CSS code in my user styles (if anybody else is running into the same issue):

body .CodeMirror.CodeMirror.CodeMirror span.cm-variable-2 { color: #32373F !important; }

If anybody is interested in my other custom styles (just minor tweaks, nothing specific for this cool theme), here they are:

h1 { margin-top: 45px !important; }
ul + *, * + table { margin-top: 30px !important; }
hr { margin: 30px 0 !important; }
ul li.md-checkbox label.checkbox-label-checked { text-decoration: line-through !important; }

Thanks again and keep up the good work. :pray: