PDF export not working

I tried to export 3 notes to PDF. The first one was working. The output for the 2 other ones was only PDFs with blank pages?

Any ideas how to solves this? Joplin portable very latest version

1. What pdf reader are you using? Is it any good?
  2. Do the files always get made, but the contents don't appear on some exports?
  3. If you type a paragraph of simple text, will it export and be readable.
  4. If plain text exports fine, what contents don't seem to export?
  5. Will the same contents export fine as html file?
  1. Adobe Acrobat DC Prof :slight_smile:
  2. yes, allways creates the file, but after the first exports only files without any content
  3. yes
  4. Also plain text, party formatted with bullet points, rest plain text
    5.yes, html is fine

I export lots of stuff in pdf and it is always fine, just like html. My stuff includes headers, bullets, numbered lists, block quotes, and lines. Mine doesn't have embedded images, other than the block quotes it was all created in Joplin. No dropping stuff in from Word or ??? So, what is different for you?

So, we know that lots of stuff exports to pdf fine. And we know that some stuff doesn't export fine. I guess you're stuck with the task of figuring out what we need to do to reliably replicate the error with as few extraneous variables as possible.

No, I’m not stuck figuring out what is the problem. I provided all information requested from your side.

Seems that the problems are well known, because you mentioned, that you know some notes do not export well.

What other information do you need?

That's exactly what I said. You have to figure out the difference between what exports right for you and what doesn't.

I provided all information requested from your side.

Yes. So it seems you are going to have to figure out what exports properly and what doesn't because you are stuck figuring it out.

Seems that the problems are well known, because you mentioned, that you know some notes do not export well.

I only know because you told me so. You said, some notes exported fine. Others didn't. I trust you. I've never heard anyone else complain. I've never experienced the problem myself.

What other information do you need?

What is the difference between what exports properly and what doesn't.

2 Likes

Maybe there isnt a causal relationship between note content and empty pdf exports.

As I read this, the first one allways get exported properly (regardless content) and the next ones dont (regardless content).

So could be a PDF "printqueue" problem for example.

1 Like

To be sure, because last year there was a problem with electron iirc causing export issues, I checked with Joplin 2.5.10 and export multiple to pdf worked as expected.

Do you have a PDF printer driver also?

Does 'print-to-pdf' work correctly? Instead of export via print-dialog etc?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.