Notification Center (MAC) Does Not Have Joplin

macos, Joplin 1.5.7 : was curious to c whether mac notifications worked for Joplin alerts : yes, it does, but only if Joplin is running in the background. Once you close the app, the banner or alert does not show any longer. Have no clue how difficult this might be to fix ... but this would really be "nice to have".

You should let it run in the task bar, otherwise notifications won't work.

simple question, does it - quite in general - have to be this way ? I mean, I see notifications from my calendar, while the calendar isn't running ...

The calendar service is still running in the background, except they don't display an icon.

Yes.

The process for the calendar notiifcations (service) is a separate application that runs in the background.

you make me laugh

Maybe my answer was too condensed.

Joplin is a react application. On desktop, Electron is used to build the application. Therefore there is no way for us to add a separate process within Electron that runs when Electron does not.

So yes. In our environment it has to be this way.

One could write a native process that does what you want, but that's not in the scope of this project. It's the same when others ask why ther aren't any widgets for the mobile app. Thus

So "quite-in-general" it does not have to be this way, but that's totally irrerelevant, because this is not a "quite-in-general" issue. It is very much tied to the language, project, and the frameworks.