Notes and Todos in Chronological order

Is it possible to view notebooks in Chronological order (time dependent manner)?
Does this feature exist or is it possible to add it in future releases?

Thank you for your time!

1 Like

Not notebooks, but all notes and to-do.

Thank you

Thank you very much for your response. I am sorry that my post was not clear. I meant I want to view all the notes in the chronological order without sorted in notebooks. Then I can easily find the recent notes or to-do at a glance. Excuse me again for your time.

I don’t think I understand what you mean. If you don’t want to use notebbooks, don’t use them.

Thank you again for your response. I would like to use notebooks. But in some case, I would like to view all the notes and to-do in all the notebooks in one space in chronological order.
By the way, are there any way to use notes without sorting into notebooks?

Ah, you want something like a virtual folder that shows all notes. Hmm, technically it should be possible rather easily, but I don’t think it’s really that useful. But maybe @laurent sees it differently.

On the other side a virtual folder to link to the last edited 50 notes could be useful. As a history so to speak. Everything more than that might be a real performance killer.

That what I meant! Last 50 notes will be nice idea and will be very useful.

I can not make a new note without sorting to the notebooks. After making a new note to a notebook and drag it to Notebooks (red arrow in the photo), it seems that I could move it, but I can not find it anywhere. When I search it, I can find it. Where does the note go?

Woa. This seems like a bug. You shouldn’t be able to move a note to the Notebooks item. It is not a folder.

You should open an issue in github.

@laurent, what do you think?

1 Like

Any update on whether this is likely? The facility to list the last 50 or so notes in reverse date order would be very useful.

I’ve temporarily got a workaround where I tag the most recent notes directly in the SQLite database. It sort of works: everything is OK on the desktop where the SQL script is run but the recent tag never gets deleted on the iOS and Android devices that sync. And, I’m not sure I should really be doing that.

I think this came up a few times and I believe @laurent already mentioned that he’d like to have that functionality as well.

Maybe the solution here is something around the search function. If we could “save a search” and search allowed you to find by certain attributes like “last updated” then you could have limitless views into your notes.

I have similar request related to enabling search for [ ] style to-dos within notes. Posting when I get a minute. But basically right now I’m using labels to track all my to-dos but wish I could just search for all “[ ]” results (where [x] means its completed).

1 Like

Good idea. Save a search and search last updated notes will be fine. Now Joplin can sort notes by updated date. It is nice improvement unless notebooks are not too many.
Thank you.

This kind of search is a high priority for myself. I also wish it could also list the notes recently opened, even if not edited. Working heavily with many many notes on both Android and PC it may sometimes be hard to stay on top of it all without this most recently opened notes function.

Perhaps the biggest omission alongside that one cannot search for notes with tag combinations at the moment, I think.