Notebook auto related tags

Hi,
An idea, perhaps a little zany.
I write a newsletter that I label "unpublished", in a buffer notebook.
When I've published a new newsletter, I change the label, then move it to the dedicated notebook.

Would it be conceivable for the "published" label to be automatically associated with the notes in a notebook?

Isn't having all the notes put in a dedicated notebook "auto tagged" as published performing the same task as the dedicated notebook itself? If you want to see all your published notes you can just select the dedicated notebook.

You could use nested notebooks to keep things in order and drag / drop a newly published newsletter from the unpublished to the published folder.

Apologies if I have missed the point...

1 Like

Hi,
thanks @dpoulton for your response.

Isn't having all the notes put in a dedicated notebook "auto tagged" as published performing the same task as the dedicated notebook itself?

• I don't understand clearly what you want to say

If you want to see all your published notes you can just select the dedicated notebook.

• It's what I do.

You could use nested notebooks to keep things in order

• I do it from the time I use Joplin

and drag / drop a newly published newsletter from the unpublished to the published folder.

• The tag doesn't change. I have to do it manually.

I probably use Joplin's tags function in an incorrect way.

I am sure that people will use tags in whatever way allows them to organise their notes in the way they want to. I'm not sure that there can actually be an "incorrect way" :slight_smile:

All I meant was that if all the notes in a notebook and only those notes are automatically tagged as published then selecting the notebook or the tag presents exactly the same list of notes. It just appeared to me that automatically adding a tag to every note put in a particular notebook does not appear to allow you to do anything more than you already could by just selecting the notebook itself.

1 Like