New navigation shortcut suggestions under terminal

I have noticed that Joplin has made a terminal version which quite useful. But as a vim user, I found myself always tried to move my hand to PAGE_DOWN and PAGE_UP to navigate between notes. How about using the j/k to switch notes and use Ctrl + h/l to move between columns?

You can customise the shortcuts: https://joplinapp.org/terminal/#shortcuts

Oh, thank you.

I’ve add these to here:

{ "keys": ["TAB", "CTRL_L"], "type": "function", "command": "focus_next" },
{ "keys": ["SHIFT_TAB", "CTRL_H"], "type": "function", "command": "focus_previous" },
{ "keys": ["UP", "CTRL_K"], "type": "function", "command": "move_up" },
{ "keys": ["DOWN", "CTRL_J"], "type": "function", "command": "move_down" },

But the CTRL_H is not working.

Seems to be a bug in terminal-kit: https://github.com/cronvel/terminal-kit/issues/101

Turns out Ctrl+H is a special shortcuts that maps to backspace. So I think you can get it working that way:

{ "keys": ["SHIFT_TAB", "BACKSPACE"], "type": "function", "command": "focus_previous" },

And when you press Ctrl+H it would work.

To avoid any conflict with the delete command (which uses Backspace for macOS), you might also want to change it like so:

{ keys: ['DELETE'], type: 'function', command: 'delete' },

By the way, if you have a complete vim mapping would you mind sharing it? I will add it to the documentation.

Ahh, I see, because I am under the terminal, there are some default shortcuts. I was curious why each time I press CTRL_H, it shows Delete note. Thank you for your information.

And this is my mapping of navigation. And other shortcuts remain the same.

{ "keys": ["TAB", "CTRL_L"], "type": "function", "command": "focus_next" },
{ "keys": ["SHIFT_TAB", "BACKSPACE"], "type": "function", "command": "focus_previous" },
{ "keys": ["UP", "CTRL_K"], "type": "function", "command": "move_up" },
{ "keys": ["DOWN", "CTRL_J"], "type": "function", "command": "move_down" },

After I use this mapping, there is still a shortcut conflict with other system shortcut. So let’s slow down. I will come back after I dig more.