Migrate Encrpyted Joplin Notes from Nextcloud sync to Joplin Cloud

I have been unsuccessful in finding any documentation on how to migrate my encrypted Joplin notes from a Nextcloud sync to Joplin's new Cloud service. Might someone be able to provide a link or instructions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Sync all your devices with Nextcloud (in case some notes weren't synced)
  • Export all your notes as JEX for backup
  • On one of the devices, change the sync target to Joplin Cloud
  • Sync and wait for it to complete
  • Then do the same for all the other devices
1 Like

Yup I confirm ! I have migrated all my data from Nextcloud sync (self hosted) to Joplin Cloud without any issue. It's actually just about setting up a next sync target in Joplin (make sure to sync all your devices first so that everything is stable). Once in a while I even go back to the Nextcloud target and perform a kind of backup of my notes there. Works like a charm :slight_smile:

Great. Thanks to you both. I'll give it a go.

I finally had time to attempt the move to Joplin Cloud this morning. After changing the sync to Joplin Cloud on my Windows laptop and kicking off my first sync I get the following message:

Last error: FetchError. request to ????://api.joplincloud.com/api/sessions failed. reason: unable to get local issuer certificate.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.