Local directory sync - "could not refresh lock, canceling sync"

Joplin 2.8.8 (prod, darwin) (sync version 3, profile version 41) (plugin: OCR v0.3.2)
OSX 10.14.6

Hello! I've been having some sync issues (local directory) with Joplin and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

First, I have sync interval "disabled" in preferences, and yet the app syncs periodically on its own (which causes performance issues on my old MBP). Is there another way of forcing it to only sync manually? Is it intended behavior that the app sync automatically at specific triggers despite disabling sync interval?

Second, even after Joplin claims it's finished syncing, the number of items locally does not appear to equal the number of items remotely. Under sync status, it says "Total: 28008/21549." This first happened after I went through my database and deleted many tags and some old notes. I looked at the console and found the error:

Synchronizer: Could not refresh lock - cancelling sync. Error was: Error: Lock has expired
at LockHandler. (LockHandler.ts:384)
at Generator.next ()
at fulfilled (/Applications/Joplin.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/ATjoplin/lib/services/synchronizer/LockHandler.js:5)

Does this imply that the sync is taking much longer than it should? Could it simply be that I have too many items in my database or is there an issue with my setup?

Really hoping to get to the bottom of these issues because otherwise Joplin has been a dream come true after switching from Evernote. Thanks for your help!
Peter

Bump

I'm seeing the same error on iPhone.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.