Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 46
Keychain Supported: No

Sync target

File system

Editor

Markdown Editor

What issue do you have?

This is the third machine I've got Joplin on, but the only Linux box. The other two are Windows.

I use ResilioSync to sync up the three boxes.

The Joplin files are on the local harddrive which is mounted as /mnt/d-drive/Joplin

I have input this as the directory to synchronize with.

The fail safe tag is turned off.

When I sync, Joplin clears out whatever info already there (fail safe tag turned off) but does not import the content of the folder.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

chris

Are you swapping and moving around the ~/.config/joplin/database.sqlite and files in that directory? Said another way, what's getting sync'd from the other computers?

I was doing similar, but each Joplin was File System Sync'ing to a second directory that was then sync'd with other devices via syncthing.

Well,

I've got 2 Windows boxes, and a Linux box (Elementary OS which is a Ubuntu base).

Resilio Sync synchronizes the files to each of the machine's local hard drive.

The 2 Windows boxes see the files just fine. As a matter of fact, I don't even have to synchronize for new content to show up as demonstrated by a test this morning.

The Linux box refuses to play along.

Is this a permission thing? I've set the folder that the files in to be read-write to everyone in Linux.

Impossible to tell.

Check the Linux Resilio config to ensure it's as you expect and moving files. I assume you have a file manager - check to see that files are actually there.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how this would work, given a database is used by the application.

Here are a few other things to try (make sure you have a backup first!):

1. In the Joplin Linux client, create a new profile ("File" > "Switch profile" > "Create new profile") and try to set up sync.
  2. If you would prefer to not create a new profile, "delete local data and re-download from sync target" may also work (though, as titled, it "deletes local data"). To use it, go to Options > Synchronization > Show Advanced Settings, then click "Delete local data and re-download from sync target".

Argh...

Stupid flatpak's and permissions.

Changing access in system settings solved the conundrum.

Sorry for being dense....

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.