Below are the list of features supported by KeymapService.
Provide seperate keymaps for each platform
It should be possible to have seperate default keymaps for each platform.
By having seperate keymaps, each keymap layout can theoriticaly be fine-tuned so that it feels familiar with that environment.
Allow overriding the default keymap
It should be possible to,
- Change a keyboard shortcut
- Disable a keyboard shortcut
- Reset a keyboard shortcut to its default value
Remember the changes
It should be possible to synchronize the changes with a file on the disk, so that the changes are saved.
Validate keymap configuration
It shouldn’t be possible to,
- Have invalid keyboard shortcuts
- Have invalid command names
- Have the same keyboard shortcut for two or more different commands
- Have two different keyboard shortcuts for the same command