Joplin will have a stand at the "Journées du Logiciel Libre" conference in France

Just a quick announcement to let you know that on 3 and 4 April, we will have a stand for Joplin at the Journées du Logiciel Libre in Lyon, France. This is a first for Joplin so if you're around please come and say hi!

Also I am looking for anyone who could help look after the stand, even for an hour or two, over these two days. There won't be a lot to do - pretty much just hand over fliers and answer the occasional question, which as Joplin users I'm sure you'll know the answer to. So if you aren't far and would be interested, please let me know!

6 Likes

Intéressant. En ce qui me concerne, Lyon est un peu loin de chez moi ! Et en plus je me vois mal répondre à certaines questions sur Joplin... :slight_smile:
En tout cas, je suivrai l'événement avec intérêt. Merci de l'info !

1 Like

Getting ready for the stand!

5 Likes

Nice, so how do I get one of those notebooks. :wink: Love them. :heart:

1 Like

Fly to Lyon?

Yep, we are still in lockdown with a stay at home order in place in Toronto. International flights are also a big no-no, unless you want to pay $3,000 for 1-3 days in a hotel upon return. And then you have to quarantine at home for 14 days, unless you are positive, in which case they ship you to a federal concentration camp.

To be honest even for me going from the UK (which was recently known as "plague island") to France is a bit of a gray area, as it's only allowed in very specific cases. I think I'm allowed provided I have all the paperwork but only at the border I'll know for sure, I'm kind of giving it a try basically.

I also need to go into quarantine for 7 days although I think I don't need to go into a hotel since I have my own place.

Moi aussi, j'en veux un !!

Unfortunately the conference has been cancelled. That's the third time so far that a conference where Joplin had a stand has been cancelled, but hopefully next time will be the one.

Après plusieurs mois de préparation des JdLL 2021 à la Maison Pour Tous des Rancy, compte tenu de la situation sanitaire, c'est avec regret que nous vous annonçons l'annulation de l'évenement qui devait se tenir les 3 et 4 avril. Nous avions conscience des risques mais nous avons voulu y croire jusqu'au bout. https://www.jdll.org