Joplin version 1.0.178

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I also got a problem with the 1-0-178, in the script ‘Joplin_install_and_update.sh’, I changed the line 69 to remove ‘-x86_64’ to be able to download the lasted version.

But I can not launch the new version on my machine (Linux debian-cosmos 4.19.0-6-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.67-2+deb10u2 (2019-11-11) x86_64 GNU/Linux), so I reinstalled the 1-0-175 (I forced the release version in the script) and its working fine.

If I can help …

Regrettably 1.0.178 broke most of my tables. I make frequently use of the single-pipe-on-a-line feature to control their outlook (suppress some border lines, suppress header row, resynchronize alternating row colors in table sections). The single pipe character is now interpreted as a foreign element in a Markdown table construct.

The empty (or only whitespace containing) line feature is still supported, however.

Hi everyone,

For some unknown reason the latest PC app version is not synchronizing anymore with my onedrive account.
My win10 asked for some network permissions which I granted for Joplin, but after that my latest post are not synchronizing.

Were you using the multimarkdown table extension? Is it still enabled? I don’t think anything should have changed with this release.

Yes, I used all plug-ins except for typographer, emoji and Fountain.

Yeah, this is a big problem. I can’t install Joplin because of this. Please fix this.

@nws

It seems that the app image download file on Github is now named Joplin-1.0.178.Appimage rather than Joplin-1.0.178-x86_64.Appimage . If you edit the install script to remove -x86_64 from the wget line it should work (did for me).

It appears on Github that the script has been fixed and is waiting to be merged.

Indeed, and thanks a lot.
It was silly of me to type everything in the Joplin_install_and_update.sh file into the terminal rather than simply replacing the link with the right one and running it. :grin:

The developer of the plugin changed the name of the options, so it’s indeed broken in the latest release, because I’ve upgraded the plugin when I’ve created the joplin-renderer package. It’s fixed now and should work in the next release.

So to sum up:

• Katex will be fixed in the next release
  • Multi-md will be fixed too

I think those are the only two plugins that got broken, but if you notice something else feel free to open a GitHub issue

I had only upgraded my Mac to v178, and have successfully rolled back v175 today. I wonder what I should do on Windows when downgrading: just run the installer of that previous version, or uninstall the current version first?

Anyway, I made backups of my sync target beforehand, renamed ~/.config/joplin-desktop when I got complaints about the profile, and eventually put my CSS files back. And had to set my preferences again, one by one. That last thing could become the most annoying in the future, when the number of settings increases.