Linux

Joplin version

Desktop version info

Sync target

Joplin Server

Editor

Markdown Editor

What issue do you have?

Hello, I installed Joplin Server, but when logging on to 192.168.1.49:22300 (this is my server that issues Invalid origin for these ip addresses: 192.168.1.49:22300 What to do, please help

docker-compose.yaml
GNU nano 7.2 docker-compose.yaml
version: '3'

services:
db:
image: postgres:13
volumes:
- ./data/postgres:/var/lib/postgresql/data
ports:
- "5432:5432"
restart: unless-stopped
environment:
- POSTGRES_PASSWORD=${POSTGRES_PASSWORD}
- POSTGRES_USER=${POSTGRES_USER}
- POSTGRES_DB=${POSTGRES_DATABASE}
app:
image: joplin/server:latest
depends_on:
- db
ports:
- "22300:22300"
restart: unless-stopped
environment:
- APP_PORT=22300
- APP_BASE_URL=${APP_BASE_URL}
- DB_CLIENT=pg
- POSTGRES_PASSWORD=${POSTGRES_PASSWORD}
- POSTGRES_DATABASE=${POSTGRES_DATABASE}
- POSTGRES_USER=${POSTGRES_USER}
- POSTGRES_PORT=${POSTGRES_PORT}
- POSTGRES_HOST=db

Screenshots

@ArtemBelykh welcome to the forum.

"Invalid Origin" tends to mean that the URL you are using to access the server is not the same as the URL you have specified in APP_BASE_URL.

To expand on what @dpoulton said:

If you're only going to access this instance of Joplin Server from your local network, change APP_BASE_URL environment variable to http://192.168.1.49:22300.

If you also want to access it from a domain name, that option isn't currently supported, but may be in the future: New Install - Invalid origin error - #14 by laurent

I do want to have it both ways myself, so I will have to change the url in my sync config from local ip to domain name if I'm inside vs outside my local network (which is a pain, but at least it'll work). I also had to modify the source code in the server to bypass this origin check. I modified the isValidOrigin function to always return true in this file inside the docker container: /home/joplin/packages/server/dist/utils/routeUtils.js.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.