Joplin Desktop lag on Windows when first opening - text cursor does not appear immediately

Joplin 2.12.18 (prod, win32)

Folding in Code Mirror Editor: 2.0.1
Outline: 1.5.9
Rich Markdown: 0.13.3
Simple Backup: 1.0.5

For the past few version updates I have been noticing a lag every time I come back to Joplin after a while. This includes when my computer has gone into sleep, or when Joplin is first started. It is replicable by quitting Joplin and reopening it, and doesn't happen necessarily immediately, but after a few seconds the text cursor changes to a pointer cursor and you cannot click on the note to place the cursor anywhere. After a few more seconds of waiting/jiggling the mouse, it changes back to a text cursor and I can make edits again.

Has anyone else been experiencing this, or have any idea why this may be happening?

I have already somewhat gotten used to the wait time, but it is a little annoying when I am wanting to immediately write down what I came to Joplin to do. There used to be no delay at all in being able to interact with Joplin. This is in the markdown editor (not WYSIWYG), using Rich Markdown.

No one else is experiencing this then? :confused:

Edit Feb 2024: Found this as a potential fix, will test over a few days: Keystrokes in Markdown editor sometimes become visible only after one second

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.