Joplin Version: 1.6.8 desktop appimage

• I just upgraded, but I had this issue on my previous version as well
  • I installed joplin using the wget command given on the joplin home page

When trying to run the joplin command in the terminal I get the error message:

Error
node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:928
  throw err;
  ^

Error: Cannot find module '/home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/binding/node-v88-linux-x64/node_sqlite3.node'
Require stack:
- /home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/sqlite3-binding.js
- /home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/sqlite3.js
- /home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/lib/database-driver-node.js
- /home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/lib/BaseApplication.js
- /home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/app.js
- /home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/main.js
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:925:15)
    at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:769:27)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:997:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:92:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/sqlite3-binding.js:4:15)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1108:14)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1137:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:973:32)
    at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:813:14)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:997:19) {
  code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
  requireStack: [
    '/home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/sqlite3-binding.js',
    '/home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/sqlite3.js',
    '/home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/lib/database-driver-node.js',
    '/home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/lib/BaseApplication.js',
    '/home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/app.js',
    '/home/jefferyl/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/main.js'
  ]
}

It seems that I have node-v83-linux-x64 rather than the one Joplin is looking for. Is there any way to fix this?

Nevermind, this is probably just because I'm running the desktop version. I assumed that you could run the export command from terminal with just the desktop appimage.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.