Joplin 2.8 is available!

Thank you Daeraxa.

Is there any possible to publish a mini-website using Joplin Server in later versions?

Hello and welcome, zyyfriends!

Unfortunately not (yet).

First, I'd like to thank you so much for the good work, the different profiles are a great feature that I was hoping for.
Also, I have some doubts related to the portable version. I installed on a USB device and not only it created the JoplinProfile directory in it, but also many others on
C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Joplin
C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Local\Temp\29INlr22WVbjvTPaF97yQMMWANh
Is there a way to restrain Joplin to work alone on the USB instead of spreading on Windows, or I did something wrong?

1 Like

Hmm, I don't think that can be avoided as of now. Those files are just temporary files though, and don't contain any personal information.

So they are needed for Joplin to run, right? I was just concerned about the possibility to run Joplin on another computer but mine.
You already make a wonderful job here for all of us, this is a minor thing. :slight_smile:

Thanks! And yes they are needed, but just temporarily, and if they are not present the app recreate them, so indeed you can run the portable app on any other computer.

1 Like

Excellent features, thank you for the amazing work, really appreciate it !

In case it helps anyone - I had some custom keyboard shortcuts in the default profile, to get them to the second profile, I simply copied the keymap-desktop.json file into the profile directory. Works now.

I guess it would make sense to share the keymap between all profiles? Maybe I should add this feature?

3 Likes

Hm, depends on the use case, I think...if the profiles feature is used by one person to separate e. g. work and private notes, then definitely yes. But if the profiles feature is used by different people, who all use the same user account on the PC, maybe every one of them wants a different keymap?

I think it's a fundamental question what the profiles are for...completely separate profiles where you can set everything independently, or just profiles that allow different sets of notes and sync targets?

But considering you already stated

I would say the feature would just make sense.

The most typical use case is one user using multiple profiles and so a shared keymap feature would be useful. +1 for this feature !

Inspired by this thread might it be worth adding a warning to the sync setup of a "child" profile if it notices it has the same sync target config as the parent?
i.e. it checks ../settings.json on save to see if it has the same sync.target and its associated fields which should be unique e.g. sync.5.path and sync.5.username then throws a error or asks the user to confirm they want to do this - that they need to have a separate target if they want to maintain a separate profile.

1 Like