Joplin 1.4 desktop app on Windows no longer saves/restores window size

Hi,

I think this is a regression from the 1.3 series, but I'm not entirely sure when I first noticed this. The issue is that, on Windows at least, 1.4 releases of Joplin no longer save and restore the window size. It's still an issue in 1.4.10, which I just installed this morning.

I noticed that there was a post about this issue from a year ago, but I didn't find anything more recent. Has anyone else noticed this?

It works for me on Windows as far as I can tell. If it doesn't save the window size, how does it look on startup?

Now I think what's happening is that it's losing the size after an upgrade. I just installed the 1.4.10 upgrade this morning and when I first opened the app, it came up with a very large window (not maximized) that was centered in the screen. It (the window) definitely wasn't the same size and location it was when I closed closed the app before installing the update.

However, I just resized the window, then closed and reopened the app, and it came back with the same size and position. That's why I think it may only be losing state after an upgrade.

I don't recall the window ever changing size/position before the 1.4 series, but perhaps I'm just not remembering correctly.

v1.3.18 here on Windows 10. Same thing happening. Large window in center of screen.

I resize it and drag off to the side. Quit, restart and it retains settings.

Restart the computer and settings are lost.

1 Like

joplin v1.4.10 can't open the window. You can see it in the window preview, but you can't open it. I suspect that the program failed to open it in the correct size.

Make sure that v1.3.8 can open the window correctly

Follow up.

Window 10
Joplin 1.4.18

Open Joplin
Window fills 2/3 of screen
Resize and reposition window

Close Joplin
Open Joplin
Window size and position retained

Restart computer
Open Joplin
Window fills 2/3 of screen
Size and position not retained.

Joplin 1.4.18 (prod, win32)
Sync Version: 2
Profile Version: 34
Keychain Supported: Yes
Revision: 76c4d99b8 (master)
Windows 10 20H2

I can also duplicate this. Also noticed that if Joplin is fully quit before the restart the window size / position is retained. Could this suggest that the restart process is preventing Joplin from saving the window size / position to disk?

Edit: This also appears to occur when restarting on Linux as well (Linux Mint 20)

Joplin 2.9.17 (prod, win32)

Client ID: 723d76f3cb614a56845b65fd0e657561
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 41
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: a84a8e7

This problem had previously been solved but appears to be back.

1 Like