Introducing Sidd-R

Hello everyone,

I'm Siddhan Rao, currently in my prefinal year of my bachelor's in Computer Science and Engineering at Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Mumbai. I have won a few national-level hackathons and am mainly interested in app development and backend development.

I have around 2 years of experience working with React.js and Node.js, and 1 year of experience with React Native and TypeScript. I have completed two internships in React Native, one of which has a project live on the Play Store as well as the App Store. I strongly believe that I can leverage my skills and experience to contribute to Joplin.

I have been using Joplin for around 1 week now, and it has been a great experience. It is simple yet has a wide variety of features, and its editor is truly impressive. I feel that the addition of a rich text editor to the mobile version would greatly improve user experience, so I would love to work on the "Rich text editor on mobile" project.

To ensure that a project I may work on stays well-maintained, I would follow clean code practices, add comments to explain my code, write comprehensive documentation and, most importantly, add tests whenever possible.

I have been lurking around here for the past few days, and as of now, I have set up and built the desktop and mobile app locally. I'm currently in the process of understanding the codebase and finding a suitable issue to resolve.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, until now I have made 2 pull requests, and both of them were merged successfully!

1. I made the first pull request a few days ago, where I resolved a high priority bug. Fixing this issue helped me gain a better understanding of the codebase. I also wrote a unit test for this one.
  1. My second pull request got merged yesterday, which was an issue with the enhancement label. I added the option to empty the trash folder on the mobile platform.
1 Like

Got my 3rd pull request merged a few days ago,

and have created my 4th pull request.

1 Like