I want to know how to change the time zone displayed on the external link of the note?

Joplin server run in Docker,
In this position, how to change the time to (UTC/GMT+08:00)?
thanks!

I modified the time zone of the docker container at first, and then modified the time zone of the database, but it didn't work. I saw getUTCxxxxx() in js, and I couldn't find the setting to change the time zone.

@JianGangLi welcome to the forum.

It also appears that this date/time is the date/time the note was "published" rather than the date/time the note was actually last updated in Joplin. Mentioned this a while back along with asking if there was an ".env" variable that could change the date displayed from UTC.

1 Like

What date format is used for that? The one that I have set on the client? Or does the server allow to specify the date format?

I haven't had time to look into the server yet, so I am sorry for my weird questions.

The date appears to be related to the filetime of the published page on the server as it is the published date/time not the note modified date/time as recorded by the client. @laurent has suggested that this may be a bug (linked post).

I have not delved into this too much as it's not a feature I use but the date displayed has always appeared for me in the format "DD MMM YY HH:MM:SS (UTC)". This is not how my client that published the note is set. I have not tried to find see if the format can be changed as I am in the UK so this is a convenient format for me. There is nothing in the server web admin settings to allow date format customisation.

I assumed that the server is displaying "raw" server time which tends to be UTC and my linked post was asking if there was an environment variable that could change it.

However, assuming that the published note on the server could have a global reach someone may find it easier to mentally adjust the time from UTC to local time than if it was displaying, say, Australian Central Western Standard Time...

I am not sure I have helped here as it's all conjecture and not fact!!!

I don't really care about the TZ, but rather about the date format. This is my only concern. And once again, the format is ambiguous which can be fixed by using YYYY.

But if this is a hardcoded format I guess I will have to patch my server. I use my own branch of the client as well, so no big deal.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, I mean that the update time displayed in the browser is automatically displayed as the time zone time of the system. If this is very troublesome, it doesn't have it.

But it is not set in ".env", of course, this is not so important. Thanks!

Thank you for your reply, I mean that the update time displayed in the browser is automatically displayed as the time zone time of the system.
But it is not set in ".env", of course, this is not so important. Thanks!

:grinning:Originally, I thought it could be achieved by changing the Settings, but I think you are right. If you change the time zone alone, the impact is too big. Developers don't seem to think this is a good idea either. So NOW I think it would be great to be able to get the device's locale and automatically change the time zone displayed!

Of course, if this is too much trouble, then forget it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.