How to delete my account permanently

I have migrated from Joplin to another product, and I want to delete my account and all my data. Anyone can help me?

What account?

Do you want to delete:

• Joplin and the data on your computer?
  • A Joplin Cloud account?

Two of the questions you were asked to complete when creating the support post were:

• The version you are using. LATEST VERSION is not a version number!
  • The operating system you are using.

Depending on your answer to the first question above, this information may be useful.

Delete my Joplin Cloud account and ALL my data.

Version:

Joplin 2.9.17 (prod, darwin)

Client ID: ce5e5a3eb5954d179bf95765d67117cc
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 41
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: a84a8e7

I do not use Joplin Cloud myself but by pressing Help on the portal page it does explain how to cancel the account and when all data is deleted.

Sorry, I want to delete all my data immediately, instead of the subscription expires.

You could always install and use the Victor plugin and then close the account. The Victor plugin has been written to clear all data off a sync target. Please note the bit about switching off note history.

1 Like

I tried to use the victor plugin and disable the note history, but there is still many data in my resource folder and the Joplin Cloud. I cannot find a way to clean them.

Does the Joplin Cloud has a customer service? No support ticket system, no support email, even no staff here. Really an irresponsible product.

I'm glad I gave up the Joplin Cloud so early.

If you want to clear all your local Joplin data just delete/wipe ~/.config/joplin-desktop

I have read on this forum that the bulk deletion process can take some time to register in the Joplin Cloud portal.

The Joplin Cloud plans page shows the support email as support-AT-joplincloud.com (replace -AT- with an ampersand)

Joplin Cloud is effectively run by one person based in Western Europe. It's Christmas here.

Thanks! I will contact the support email for further consultation.

I followed the conversation here, but dpoulton already provided all the needed information so I didn't have anything more to add.

Currently there's two ways to delete the data: using Victor or by waiting for 90 days.

If there's still some data after running Victor, maybe first go into Configuration > Synchronisation > Advanced and click on "Delete local data and re-download from sync target". Wait for all data to be downloaded, then run Victor, and synchronise again. That should get rid of most data that matters. For the rest of it, it will be gone automatically after 90 days.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.