How to clip web page as it appears?

Using web clipper in Firefox, I cannot get a true representation of a web page that contains anything other than plain text. I've tried each of the clipper options with no success. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Polite bump.

Perhaps a further explanation - when I clip a web page with pictures, none of the clipping options include the pictures, but rather code (html? Markup?).

We'd need to know the URL to answer, otherwise the only answer you'll get is "works for me"

Thanks for replying. I don't appear to be able to include a hyper link in my reply (I keep getting an error that I'm not allwed to include links). When I try to copy a page with pictures I get the following

I get a long page of the following:

.bbcode_container{margin:5px;display:block;overflow:hidden}.bbcode_container .bbcode_desc{margin-bottom:2px;font-size:11px}.bbcode_container div.bbcode_code,.bbcode_container pre.bbcode_code{margin:0;padding:6px;border:1px inset;text-align:left;overflow:scroll;direction:ltr;background:#f2f6f8 repeat-x;font-size:12px} .bbcode_container code.bbcode_code{margin:0;text-align:left;direction:ltr;font-size:12px}.bbcode_container code.bbcode_code code{white-space:nowrap}.bbcode_container div.bbcode_quote{margin:0 10px 10px;background:#f9f9f9 0 0;border-left:3px solid #fc6;box-shadow:#ccc 4px 4px 4px;position:relative;top:0;padding-left:5px;padding-right:15px} .bbcode_container .bbcode_quote_container{display:block;width:9px;height:13px;position:absolute;left:-9px}.bbcode_quote div.quote_container{border-radius:5px;padding:5px 10px}.bbcode_quote .bbcode_postedby img{position:relative;top:0}

I've changed the permissions, could you try again to post the link please?

It looks like you have clipped the page as HTML and you are looking at the clipped page in the Markdown editor. If you switch to the viewer pane (see arrow in picture below) you should see the page rendered. Press the button a few times to switch between views. The sequence for this button can be modified using View > Layout button sequence.

I never would have worked that out on my own. Thank you VERY much. Truly appreciate your support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.