How do we configure CLI to sync with DropBox?

I am attempting to sync the Joplin CLI Version 2.6.1, which is running in Windows Subsystem for Linux (on Ubuntu), with DropBox. I could use some help.

I installed the CLI as prescribed with the following commands:

NPM_CONFIG_PREFIX=~/.joplin-bin npm install -g joplin
sudo ln -s ~/.joplin-bin/bin/joplin /usr/bin/joplin

I am able to open the CLI with the command joplin and I can create notes (although I have no idea where Joplin puts them). I'd like to sync with DropBox, but the instructions on the following are not very helpful to me:

https://joplinapp.org/terminal/

Under the heading "Dropbox syncronization," it tells how to initiate the sync using the command :sync, however, it doesn't say anything about configuring it in the first place. So, when I use :sync, of course, I just get the response:

"Not authentified with (None). Please provide any missing credentials."

There is an example of how to configure NextCloud under that heading using :config commands, but no such similar thing under DropBox.

My use case is just that I would like to use Joplin in the command line on WSL, but share my same set of notes with the desktop and mobile apps that I use on desktop and devices.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

First you need to select the sync target using :config sync.target 7

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.