Home    |    GitHub Page    |    API    |    FAQ

Horizontal split option for editing layout

I would really appreciate the possibility of enabling an option to make the split screen editor/display layout mode a horizontal split rather than a vertical one.

I often take notes from a document in another app side-by-side with Joplin. If my notes need complicated formatting that I need to check as I type (like latex maths commands, for example), I need to use the split screen editing mode. The result can look something like like this:

You can see that the editing and display panes are severely (vertically) squashed. Making the split horizontal – i.e. the display on top, the editing pane at the bottom – would alleviate this problem a great deal.

12 Likes

I would definitely appreciate a horizontal or more broadly configurable panes as well.

1 Like

I’d love this too. I’d be interested in implementing it if someone could help guide me through the codebase.

1 Like

Would anybody here benefit from using the WYSIWYG editor (must be enabled in Tools=>Options Plugins section)? Whatever your formatting will be shown directly in the note you’re writing like in something like Microsoft Word instead of how it is in Markdown.

1 Like

+1 Yes please implement this

It is also the existing function of professional editor. . .