Additional Layout Sequence Viewer / Editor / Split View

Just one simple feature request, should be very quick to implement (if you like it):
It would be very nice to include one additional layout sequence option, making it possible to display the editor on the right side and the viewer on the left (center) side.
For me, the purpose would be to focus my attention in the center of the screen, while searching for entries, while still keeping the option to quickly add a note, re-format a word or something like that.
IMHO, as we are used to read from left-to-right, that could really improve work efficiency at some tasks, at least for me, it would be very helpful and more intuitive... :wink: Many thanks in advance!

1 Like

Just found that it may be a quite similar, or even basically the same idea, as was requested here:
Feature request: A split view option to switch sides around

Though I think, at least, my description is easier to understand for others :wink:
If it is the same, I'm sorry, and of course feel free to merge both requests...

Hi there,

My preference goes to a horizontal split for the viewer: Markdown above or below the Viewer panel, as I can do with Outlook. This would add some layout options in the Ctrl-L menu, but I don't think it's a huge work!

| Main menu                                                                         |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Navigation | MD editor                                                            |
|            |                                                                      |
|            |                                                                      |
|            |----------------------------------------------------------------------|
|            | Viewer                                                               |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!