Client ID: 5c384fd2f38943fd807379c84f352911
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: No

Agenda: 3.7.1

Sync target

Joplin Server

What issue do you have?

My IOS apps synch, but my Linux desktop app is returning an error, see attached log. I get the error:

Error. Please check that URL, username, password, etc. are correct and that the sync target is accessible. The reported error was:
Error 404 Not Found: The page is not found body{display:none;}

Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found.

Back (Code 404)

I know I can logon with the username and password because I can logon to my account via a URL. I run a portainer server running a docker image of joplin on my synology NAS. As mentioned above, when I enter the same settings with my iOS Joplin apps, no problem. Synchronization success. However, not with the Jplin desktop app??
Log (8.4 KB)

That does indeed sound strange. One possibility is that the profile location is not the same in iOS and desktop. Here is what I mean: let's say the profile location in iOS ends with .../Joplin and it "looks" the same on your desktop but the system expects something else. Soooo .... try .../.../Joplin/ (with the extra slash) or similar. I dont't know anything about your Linux system, but I know that I had a similar problem (a long time ago) on my Mac.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately adding the "/" did not work.

Here I am logged into the server with username & password. Then, after logging out from the server via web interface, I try to connect via Joplin and get the attached error, but not on iOS devices.

Hmmmm....

Screenshot from 2024-01-01 08-20-09

Update #3

Turning OFF IPV4 with IPV6 enabled and synching works!

Turning OFF IPV6 with IPV4 on, does NOT synch.

I performed the above twice, just to make sure.

Since I have a Synology NAS with their DDNS, I'm thinking there's a network configuration issue on my end. I used the recipe from How to Install Joplin on Your Synology NAS – Marius Hosting to setup the reverse proxy on my Synology NAS pointing to the docker instance on port 22300.

Why would IPV6 work and IPV4 not? Methinks I am missing something obvious....

Solution:
I added a 443 port redirect to my router and that corrected the problem.

Good to know it wasn't a Joplin client/server issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.