Joplin 2.13.15 (prod, win32)

Client ID: ba31657bdfae4127b2bedec7e8dfcd2d
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 7d2c1c0

Note Tabs: 1.4.0

What issue do you have?

Apologies if this is just me being stupid (very possible !), but I have searched on this forum as well as Google in general and can't for the life of me find an answer.

I have a number of notes from scans of my Rocketbook notebook. They are all images. When I view one of them in the desktop Joplin app, the images are huge and I am always having to scroll to get to what I need. Is there a way that I can get notes to simply "fit to page" ? I have tried zooming out, but that also seems to zoom out on all my note headings so that I can no longer read them.

Would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to sort this out.

Many thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Normally the image fits horizontally, it doesn't in your case? Could you share an example of note?

Hi @laurent

This is what my desktop app looks like:

Let me know if you can't see that (new at all this !)

It's hard to tell from the screenshot. Are you able to share one example of notes as a JEX file? (right-click on the note and export as JEX)

Arch - 10th Sept 2021 upload - Page 11.jex (259.5 KB)
Hi @laurent
Hope this attachment works !

Ok I see, this is because this is an HTML note and it doesn't have any styling for the image. Have you considered importing the notes as Markdown? In that case, we apply a default styling that means the image fits horizontally.

@laurent Thank you, thank you, thank you !

Just tried a test of exporting from Evernote as .enex and importing into Joplin from that. The formatting (as you said) keeps the width to be "fitted" and I can scroll up and down as I need.

I will now export all my notebooks as .enex and import into Joplin from there,

Thank you again - very much appreciated

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.