Error when exporting more than one note to PDF

Joplin 1.0.201 (prod, win32)
Sync Version: 1
Profile Version: 28
Revision: e65af8c1 (master)
Windows 10 Pro x64

I rarely print or export notes but today I tried to export several notes at once as PDFs just because the option was there!

I selected the notes, right-clicked, and selected export > PDF.

ExportDialog

A dialog box appeared and I was asked to select an export folder.

Select Folder

This I did and pressed the "Select Folder" button whereupon an error dialog box appeared stating "this.pdfFileName_ is not a function".

Error

It used to be that multiple notes could not be exported all at once as they needed to be rendered to be exported. I am therefore not sure whether the multple note export does not work or whether there should not be an option available to export multiple notes.

Either way it appears that something possibly needs looking at :slightly_smiling_face:

Strange, this function is called twice in the code but is not defined anywhere. Not sure what happened here.

@CalebJohn, looks like you removed the function in this commit, I guess for the export filename update.

Don’t worry about fixing it because I’m doing some refactoring and will remove this file soon. I assume I’ll just need to change the call to await InteropServiceHelper.defaultFilename(noteIds, 'pdf') like you’ve done in the other line?

Oops, that was an oversight. Sorry about that.

Exactly, it's a drop in replacement.

1 Like