Error 409

I get the following Error:

2018-10-14 17:21:11: "Error: POST files/delete_v2: Error (409): {"error_summary": "path_lookup/malformed_path/...", "error": {".tag": "path_lookup", "path_lookup": {".tag": "malformed_path"}}}
Code: path_lookup/malformed_path/...
Error: POST files/delete_v2: Error (409): {"error_summary": "path_lookup/malformed_path/...", "error": {".tag": "path_lookup", "path_lookup": {".tag": "malformed_path"}}}
    at newError (C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\nscD179.tmp\app\resources\app.asar\lib\DropboxApi.js:179:20)
    at DropboxApi.exec (C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\nscD179.tmp\app\resources\app.asar\lib\DropboxApi.js:193:12)
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)"

The folder app.asar in Local\Temp does not exist, instead the folder c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\nscD179.tmp\app\resources\app.asar.unpacked\ exist. 

Any proposal what to do?

I use 1.0.111 as portable version on Windows 10. Last Update today: 2018-10 Kumulatives Update für Windows 10 Version 1803 für x86-basierte Systeme (KB4462919)

Jens

What did you do to trigger that error ?

I edited a page back and forth a lot. Used VIM as external
editor. Created two pages with the same name and removed one again
and in parallel Windows installed the lasted update. Suddenly I
saw in the sync area that there was this error.

Hello developers,

I would like to help you to make your code even more stable. Today I cleaned up my Temp folder, activated the debugging mode and restarted Joplin. I did nothing, except waiting for the synchronisation.

It says:

• Deleted remote items: 1
  • State: In Progress

for about 30 seconds.

As a result: This error was shown in the debugger console:

> [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'touchmove' event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive.
> 
> C:\Users\Jens\AppData\Local\Temp\nso971B.tmp\app\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\reac…:94

> [Violation] 'react-invokeguardedcallback' handler took 226ms

> [Violation] Forced reflow while executing JavaScript took 55ms

> Uncaught (in promise) Error: Invalid note ID:
> 
> C:\Users\Jens\AppData\Local\Temp\nso971B.tmp\app\resources\app.asar\lib\services\ResourceService.js:39 
> 
> C:\DataProg\PortProg\PortableApps\Joplin\JoplinProfile\tmp\4502435169a547718a8161ce5dd27420
> 
>             at noteById (C:\Users\Jens\AppData\Local\Temp\nso971B.tmp\app\resources\app.asar\lib\services\ResourceService.js:39)
> 
>             at ResourceService.indexNoteResources (C:\Users\Jens\AppData\Local\Temp\nso971B.tmp\app\resources\app.asar\lib\services\ResourceService.js:46)
> 
>             at <anonymous>
> 
>             at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188)

>         C:\Users\Jens\AppData\Local\Temp\nso971B.tmp\app\resources\app.asar\lib\services\DecryptionWorker.js:43

> [Violation] 'setTimeout' handler took 51ms

By the way, the JoplinProfile\tmp\ folder is empty and 4502435169a547718a8161ce5dd27420.md does exist in Dropbox.

Jens

You should drop all the > at the front of each line. This > is for quoting. For code, use twice ``` at the first line of code and after the last line of code. I can’t fix that from my mobile for you;)
Actually, it’s unreadable to scroll in all directions.

Thanks for the feedback. I send the post via email and didn’t recognize to use markdown, sorry for that. The formatting of the previous post is fixed now.

However, what can I do to get rid of the sync error? At latest I recognized that my two Android and my Desktop versions are out of sync.

make sense :slight_smile: I forgot that :smiley:

otherwise I don't see what's going wrong, I don't understand why this error occurs.
@laurent will have a look at it i think

I renamed the profile folder in Windows Explorer and startet Joplin. After the synchronization all notes where back again and the Error 409 didn’t show up again.

I still have the defectiv folder for later tests.

Jens