Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 7d2c1c0

Conflict Resolution: 1.2.3
Simple Backup: 1.3.6

Sync target

Dropbox

What issue do you have?

How can I delete the default profile OR reassign default status to another profile in both Joplin Desktop and Joplin Android?

In Desktop, I can see my multiple profiles in the profiles.json file. I also see my second profile my user .config folder. I don't see a default profile folder in the .config folder. If it is there, can it be deleted? Or can I simply edit the profiles.json file and delete the lines relating to the default profile?

Unlike Desktop, in Android, you can long press on the Profile in the Switch Profiles menu and either edit or delete it. But Joplin will not let me delete the default profile. How can I either delete this or reassign default status to another profile?

Thanks for your help.

If you're wondering why this is important to me, I have been living a data nightmare that was solved by creating multiple profiles and repeatedly exporting-importing data. See https://discourse.joplinapp.org/t/sync-freezing-on-android/35345/20l. It finally worked (thank you @graphit0) but now I want to remove the 'old' non-working profiles to ensure that they never inadvertently cause me future problems. (If I cannot rename/delete/reassign the default profiles, I will delete all notes from those profiles as a less-preferable workaround.)

3 Likes

I'm keeping an eye on this post since I just created a "throwaway" profile to experiment on without experimenting on my real notes.

Now I can't figure out how to throw away my throway profile!

Is it enough to delete the entry from the JSON file and the folder associated with that profile?

Good luck with your issues, @Merk. I read your other thread and I admire your tenacity!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.