Are there precise instructions for deleting profiles in the Windows app?

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

Desktop version info

Joplin 2.14.17 (prod, win32)
Client-ID: ...
Sync-Version: 3
Profil-Version: 46
Unterstützter Schlüsselbund: Ja
Revision: 094175c
Simple Backup: 1.3.6

Sync target

Joplin Cloud

What issue do you have?

In order to solve certain problems, I have created several profiles in my Joplin Windows apps, which I would now like to delete. I also want to delete the associated data. In the Joplin Android app I found a function to delete a profile - in the Windows app this function seems to be missing.
There seems to be a way to delete such profiles by manually editing a "profiles.json" file and manually deleting certain subdirectories from the Windows computer.
I think that you can very quickly make a bad mistake with this manual procedure if you don't know exactly which individual steps to take and in which order.
Is there a precise and reliable guide to deleting profiles in the Windows app that describes step by step exactly what to do and in what order to delete a profile from a Windows app without damaging the remaining profiles and their data?
Patron dpoulton's description from December 2022 is the best I could find on this topic.

This description seems to say that the profiles.json file does not need to be edited, but deleted, and that it is automatically recreated when a subdirectory of a profile is deleted and Joplin is restarted.

I would feel better if I could get a description from one of the developers that also works reliably for Joplin 2.14.17 (prod, win32).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.