Custom style in WYSIWYG editor

• The version you are using: Joplin 1.0.216 (prod, win32)
  • The operating system you are using: Windows, portable version

I understand that I can change the rendering of the markdown by creating a userstyle.css in my profile folder.
But how do I change the css for the new WYSIWYG editor? I wanted to change the style of checked list items and found the correct css by using the development tools:

li.checked {
  text-decoration: line-through;
}

But where do I have to put this css?

I believe that at this time WYSIWYG does not support userstyle.css. This will only modify the display of the Markdown Viewer in the “Code View”.

This really should be supported.

I am trying to use Joplin as a replacement for Synology Note Station, and before that, Evernote, and I just want to create formatted notes. The fact that notes are stored in Markdown format is not really important to me, that's just a curiosity. I'm not here to learn Markdown, even though that might be interesting.

According to the following section, there are rich text limitations due to notes being stored in markdown:

About the Rich Text editor

It seems that Joplin is primarily an application for writing notes in Markdown and viewing the formatted result, rather than an application for creating rich text notes directly.

Be that as it may, why can't userstyle.css be applied to the rich text editor too? Does that use HTML?