Conflicts after upgrading Joplin version and a power outage during the sync of one client

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

Desktop version info

Joplin 2.14.15 (prod, win32)

Client ID: 5afb2f6dd7ad4de894b21638d044b78a
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 46
Keychain Supported: No

Revision: 7cfe9bb

Simple Backup: 1.2.2

Sync target

OneDrive

Editor

Markdown Editor

What issue do you have?

I upgraded my devices (1 Android and 2 Windows) While upgrading and syncing the second Windows device (it had not been synced in a while) a power interruption occurred as it was of course shut down. After the power came back up I booted back up and went to Joplin. It started to sync again and came up with hundreds of conflicts, all for attachments. I let it finish and then clicked SYNC again, and it found a second amount - double that of the first.

What is the easiest way to rectify this? Just delete the conflicts on the second Windows PC? I know the notes were OK on the first PC device and my Android and subsequent syncs copies the conflicts down. I don't want to get caught up in a loop here of chasing down and eliminating all conflicts over and over.

If the other clients are still OK then it may be easier just to start again on the second Windows machine with all the conflicts. Of course if you have lots of notes this may take some time.

If you fully shut down the "conflicted" client and delete or move/rename* C:/Users/Your_Username/.config/joplin-desktop, Joplin will revert back to an "as if newly installed" state when you start it again. You can then start over again and re-sync with OneDrive (and hope there is not another power-cut!!)

Before you start it is probably wise to make a JEX backup of all your notes (File > Export all) using your good Windows client.

* If you either move or rename the folder you always have an option to move/rename it back again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.