Change cross-note linking protocol to match Obsidian?

I'm using the Note Link System which I assumed features the Quick Links plugin within it, and I'm not able to auto-complete the name of a note. Sorry if that was ambiguous..

The "search" on this plugin is completely broken, maybe it works better as just Quick Links :thinking:
And after trying it, I see that the search is nice and snappy, but doesn't give me the option to create a new note, which is essential to my workflow.

I do see that my use case of typing 2 characters, few letters and hitting tab does work with Joplin as linking the latest note in the same way Obsidian does. They use the same amount of characters to function.

I can link headings and blocks as well in Obsidian using clear, discrete modifiers without plugins in a snappier, robust search, which shows me subtitled note locations (more resourceful if I do have more than one Ob.. note). It also let's me create a new note without going any bit out of my way with any menu-diving, as simple as typing [[a new note]].

Until Joplin offers this level of seamless internal note-linking, it won't compare to Obsidian with the "Note Wars"...