Can we have one sync and one offline notebook?

Hello,
I am using Joplin for six months now and i have 2 notebooks that both are synchronized with onedrive, for use in pc and an android phone.
I would like to make an other notebook but i don't want it to synchronize with onedrive, i would like to have it only local in my pc.
Is there a way to do that? To have at the same time two notebooks synchonized and one local only in pc?

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

The current pre-release has the ability to run multiple profiles which you can swap between but each profile is essentially its own database so you won't be able to cross reference them or search in both at the same time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer, it's ok for me. I don't want to have cross referance.
Is there a link i can download and try?
Thanks again

Or if you are on linux and using the script you can pass it the --prerelease flag, check the FAQ.

1 Like

Tnaks a lot! I will try it
Last question...i hope!!
If i install the pre-release, what about updates? It will tell me that they are an update when it will be stable version or what will happen?

If you have the option turned on then yes, it will notify you as it gets a new, higher, release number.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, ok i think i get it! I was afraid that maybe with an update , i lose the ability of two profiles.
Thanks for your time

It is a pre-release beta for a reason, there is always the potential a feature might be removed because of bugs etc. that can't be solved in the short term but so long as you keep your profile and data backed up properly then you won't lose any actual data.

1 Like