BibTeX Plugin: DevLog[4]

We arrived at week 4 (zero-based) in the journey of developing a BibTeX Plugin for Joplin. Thanks to everyone who actually installed the plugin and gave me some feedback, I really appreciate it :heart:

In this week, I'm gonna work on the following features:

• Markdown-it content script to render the complete list of used references at the bottom of the note viewer.
  • Add some improvements suggested by user, here

Github Repo
Trello Board

5 Likes

Just a short note: The Link to your Trello board is not working for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the note. It should be public now.

1 Like

Also maybe could you add a link to it in your GitHub project description?

1 Like

Yeah, sure.

1 Like

version 0.3.0 is out now :smiley: :rocket:
Of course, you are encouraged to play with it as much as you like and give me some feedback. All issues, PRs, improvements are welcomed.

New features

• Render a full duplicate-free list of all the included references at the bottom of the note viewer in APA format
  • Parse and store references on startup (and show an alert if the provided data is not valid or the file doesn't exist)
  • Render inline (part of a larger paragraph) and block-level (standalone) references.

Bug fixes

• Focus on the search field right after opening the citation popup
  • Display reference citekey instead of "author+publication year" combination

Github Repo
Trello Board

2 Likes

Once more thank you for all the work. :smiley:
Rendering the bibliography is great, but I encounter a problem because references are not rendered if you have Automatic Backlinks to note plugin installed (v2.0.10) because backlinks overwrite the references of BibTex plugin. If I disable Automatic Backlinks to note plugin, references are nicely rendered. It would be nice to have them both working at the same time.

1 Like

This is December 2023, I'm new to Joplin, Running Joplin (2.13.11) on Linux Mint, so still a lot of experimenting going on. My objective was to hook Joplin into Zotero and use a Zettelkast structure in Joplin. But I just discovered this issue that it seems I can either use the References (Bibliography, BibTeX v0.5.0) plugin or the Backlinks (Quick Links v1.2.4) plugin, it seems you can use one or the other but not both.Is there anyway around this?