BibTeX Plugin: DevLog[4]

We arrived at week 4 (zero-based) in the journey of developing a BibTeX Plugin for Joplin. Thanks to everyone who actually installed the plugin and gave me some feedback, I really appreciate it :heart:

In this week, I'm gonna work on the following features:

• Markdown-it content script to render the complete list of used references at the bottom of the note viewer.
  • Add some improvements suggested by user, here

Github Repo
Trello Board

5 Likes

Just a short note: The Link to your Trello board is not working for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the note. It should be public now.

1 Like

Also maybe could you add a link to it in your GitHub project description?

1 Like

Yeah, sure.

1 Like

version 0.3.0 is out now :smiley: :rocket:
Of course, you are encouraged to play with it as much as you like and give me some feedback. All issues, PRs, improvements are welcomed.

New features

• Render a full duplicate-free list of all the included references at the bottom of the note viewer in APA format
  • Parse and store references on startup (and show an alert if the provided data is not valid or the file doesn't exist)
  • Render inline (part of a larger paragraph) and block-level (standalone) references.

Bug fixes

• Focus on the search field right after opening the citation popup
  • Display reference citekey instead of "author+publication year" combination

Github Repo
Trello Board

2 Likes

Once more thank you for all the work. :smiley:
Rendering the bibliography is great, but I encounter a problem because references are not rendered if you have Automatic Backlinks to note plugin installed (v2.0.10) because backlinks overwrite the references of BibTex plugin. If I disable Automatic Backlinks to note plugin, references are nicely rendered. It would be nice to have them both working at the same time.

1 Like