Backslash in tables

Joplin 2.7.15
Windows 10
Using WYSIWYG editor in Joplin

I am trying to migrate from OneNote to Joplin but i am struggling with seemingly simple problems (from my perspective). I always used simple tables with text in them in OneNote as i find it much more organised, but markdown is fighting me in some aspects. I use WYSIWYG since tables are unreadable in markdown.

When pasting bash code into table in Joplin i for the life of me do not know how to input backslashes

rsync --archive \
      --verbose \
      user@source:/dir/ \
      user@target:/dir/

when i input above code into a "code block" nor Inline Code in a table cell, it displays it correctly, but after refreshing the note, it always formats it wrongly no matter what i try, like so:
bash<br>rsync --archive \<br> --verbose \<br> user@source:/dir/ \<br> user@target:/dir/<br>

Help?

Backslashes are used to escape characters in the richtext editor which is why they really need to be used in preformatted blocks like codefences or inline code blocks.

There are a bunch of plugins to help with that between auto formatting, sorting and colourising.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.