Adding Colors

I use Joplin as a math notebook while zoho notebook as personal notes because of its aesthetic and colorfulness that help me dealing my mood swings.

It would be great if joplin incorporates the same or similar aesthetic appeal of “Zoho Notebook” to make “math noting” a colourful experience.

5 Likes

I would actually like the idea as well… something similar to what Google Keep has (those colors make me happy too):

colors

In Joplin it could probably look somewhat like this (pardon my terrible graphic skills):

jopcol

That way you can color code similar notes, or add your mood to it, or just to make it visually more appealing.

I’m not a coder, but I think it might be doable without a huge amount of effort… perhaps an idea for the Google 2020 project?

2 Likes

That is exactly what i have in mind but while notes need colors, notebooks itself deserve icons.

Furthermore, “Joplin” layout is modeled similar to “OneNote” and “Evernote”, which are extremely uninspiring as compared to the one offered by “Zoho Notebook”.

I hope that Joplin" invents a new design layout above all other notebooks.

I know it's been a while but the sort of solution I found was to use "emojis" as Icons like here. Not the prettiest solution but it has helped me tremendously in making out different notebooks visually.

1 Like

I do that for notes quite often. That solution is plenty pretty, if you ask me! :grin:

With KaTeX integrated you get some options (first 4):

KaTeX code:

$\fcolorbox{red}{aqua}{A}$
$\fbox{Hi there!}$
$\colorbox{red}{Black on red}$
$\color{red} A3$

For background use this (*only after adding code to userstyle.css):

<div><red>
sagasg
asgasg

dgdg
asgasg

ss
</red></div>
*code for userstyle.css:
/* coloured tags */

grey, red, green, blue, purp {
    width: 90%;
    display: block;
    margin-left: 20px; 
    padding: 10px;
    border: 1px solid;
    border-left: 5px solid;
    border-radius: 2px; 
    word-wrap: break-word;
    box-shadow: 3px 3px 7px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.3) ; 
}

red strong{
     font-weight: bold;
     color : #000000;
}

grey {
    border-color: #b1bcc2;
    background-color: #e9edf0; 
 }

green {
    border-color: #7CBF6B;
    background-color: #c5e5b4; 
} 

red {
    border-color: #f65354;
    background-color: #fad3d4; 
}

purp {
    border-color: #af74e8;
    background-color: #ead9fb; 
}

blue {
    border-color: #71B4DF;
    background-color: #C4E8FF; 
}
1 Like

Yeah Colour coding would be nice even if just for the notebooks tab. Scarlet notes does this well too: GitHub - BijoySingh/Scarlet-Notes: Simple yet powerful rich note taking android application, with a lot of flexibilty of usage

Being able to customise the background color and font color of entries in the notepads list and notes list would be great.

1 Like