Add capability of adding folder to "notebook list" and editing/viewing markdown file in the folder

I think they are asking for the functionality to use Joplin as a markdown viewer/editor of existing .md files - as you would with a decent text editor. I think this is the way Obsidian and QOwnNotes works i.e. you work within a location or set of locations with actual .md files rather than storing them in the database.
I personally have no use for it, I would rather just use an actual text editor if I wanted to edit .md files but not make them become part of my actual Joplin syncing "profile" but I can sort of understand why it might be desired.
I wonder if it is possible to use the plugin system and data API to create such a thing. e.g. You use something similar to Hotfolder Plugin to "load" notes into joplin. Edit them within Joplin then, when commanded, have Joplin/Plugin export the files back out as .md files to the original "load" fiolder under the original file names, overwriting the existing ones.

1 Like