Why aren't the attachments of a deleted note deleted?

Why aren't the attachments of a deleted note deleted?

Hi everyone!

If I delete a note with an attached file, I think that the attached file should be deleted.
However, when I go to Tools - Attachments for the notes. It seems that the attachments of a deleted note are still there. Is this behavior normal? Shouldn't I delete the attachment of a deleted note as well, or does it have to be done manually?

Thank you!!

It depends on your note history settings.
https://joplinapp.org/help/#attachments
Even deleted notes can be recovered until that history period passes so the resources also persist.

1 Like

Hello!

Thanks for your answer :slight_smile:
I did not know the "History" option in preferences, this is great, so I understand that the attachments will remain there until xx days have passed, then they will be deleted, that's perfect :slight_smile:

One last thing mate, there I can see attachments but how do you say to retrieve the full note? Can't restore a full note right?

Thanks!

Funny you should ask, I made a guide wiki post about it just the other day!

Unfortunately it isn't a simple process but really it is meant for exceptional circumstances when a user hasn't got a backup to fall back on. Hopefully once the mistake has been made, the next time they will consider having a proper backup.

1 Like

Hello!

I had not seen this, it is interesting to know that this option exists although the ideal is to always have a backup ^^

You're very kind thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.