Currently Joplin supports Multiline editing, But in some pretty limited ways.
- Placing Multiple Individual cursors (
- Placing a line of cursors (
- Creating a square selection (
- Editing at multiple cursors simultaneously
Now, dont get me wrong, this is awesome, but there is some functionality I wish it had.
What I wish it had:
- Option to Change keybinding for Multiline actions (ex. Use
Altas modifier instead of
- Ability to Square Select using 2 clicks instead of click+drag (ex. Place 1 cursor, then
shift+alt+Lclickto create square selection)
- Shortcut key for placing additional cursor above/below current cursor (Refer to
ctrl+alt+up/downin VScode editor)
- Ability to place a cursor at every instance found in search (ex. In VScode,
ctrl+fto search, then press
alt+enterto create a multicursor selection with every instance of the search match)
These really are power-user nit-picks, and I see that this wouldnt be very useful for a lot of people. But the way I use Joplin, I would find it very helpful. Thought it would be worth suggesting .