Home / GitHub Page

Unhandled promise rejection Promise

Hi all,

I installed joplin via yay -S joplin in my Manjaro + i3. The desktop app works very well, but the terminal close and it shows this message:

> joplin
Unhandled promise rejection Promise {
  <rejected> TypeError: Cannot read property 'size' of null
      at Function.autoSetFileSize (/usr/share/joplin-cli/lib/services/ResourceService.js:117:55) } reason: TypeError: Cannot read property 'size' of null
    at Function.autoSetFileSize (/usr/share/joplin-cli/lib/services/ResourceService.js:117:55)

I installed joplin via npm and the problem happens.

Desktop version: 1.0.152 (prod, linux).
Terminal version is: 1.0.126 (prod).

I just installed the latest version via npm and I don’t receive this error. Can you please update to the latest cli version 1.0.135.

@tessus, thanks!

I installed the 1.0.135 version via npm but the problem keep happens.

Hmm, very strange. Maybe you hit a certain code path that I don’t, which also seems a bit strange. I’m running the terminal app on Linux and macOS - both with node v10.15.3.

@laurent why would above error show up? Has it to do with data migration or table adjustment for a new internal db version?

my node and npm version:

$ node --version                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
v11.15.0
$ npm --version

Could you try with the latest version 1.0.136?

@laurent, I tried now doing the same installation steps via npm.

NPM_CONFIG_PREFIX=~/.joplin-bin npm install -g joplin
sudo ln -s ~/.joplin-bin/bin/joplin /usr/bin/joplin
$ npm -g install joplin
/home/roney/.npm-global/bin/joplin -> /home/roney/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/joplin/main.js
+ joplin@1.0.136
updated 3 packages in 5.816s
$ j
Unhandled promise rejection Promise {
  <rejected> TypeError: this.logger is not a function
      at Function.autoSetFileSize (/home/roney/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/lib/services/ResourceService.js:117:9) } reason: TypeError: this.logger is not a function
    at Function.autoSetFileSize (/home/roney/.joplin-bin/lib/node_modules/joplin/lib/services/ResourceService.js:117:9)

Where j is a shortcut to joplin.

Ok I should have tested the error condition. v137 should work