Operating system
Linux
Joplin version
3.6.16
Desktop version info
Joplin 3.6.16 (prod, linux)
Device: linux, 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1240P
Client ID: 104591ac692448f2beb802c50d678f1a
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 53
Keychain Supported: No
Alternative instance ID: -
Sync target: Nextcloud
Editor: Rich Text
Revision: e1cf924
Backup: 1.5.1
Freehand Drawing: 4.3.0
Search & Replace: 2.2.0
What issue do you have?
Hello. I am having difficulty trying to update my Joplin AppImage from version 3.6.16 to any of the 3.7 releases, my latest attempt being 3.7.21.
I first tried by opening the desktop AppImage > Help > Check for updates... then downloading the update. Double clicking to run the update led to the "Desktop Integration" window I have attached here. Clicking "Integrate and run" then led to the "Failed to register AppImage in system via libappimage" error I have also attached here. Clicking "Run" instead on the Desktop Integration window just resulted in that window closing and no other action.
My second attempt then involved finding the AppImage file in my Applications folder but double clicking that just leads to the Desktop Integration window from before.
My third attempt involved running the wget script from the Joplin installation page. This led to the same result as well.
I have used Joplin for a few years now but am not an expert by any means. I could use some help if anyone has any ideas. It would be most appreciated.
Thank you.

