To add an search which will search not by words but by symbols (Ideally regular expressions)

hello everyone. At least I didn't find a topic for this function. Is it possible to add an alternative search (or change the current one) which will search not by words but by symbols (Ideally regular expressions, but this is not necessary). Or perhaps there is already such a search, but unfortunately I did not find it.

Up

Joplin does not natively support regex searching. There is a Search and Replace plugin that appears to handle regex. I have never tried it.

The Joplin project owner is aware of the request for a regex search capability which is why it was put forward as a project in GSOC-2020.

Admittedly you have deleted the one from a couple of hours ago but please don't repeatedly "bump" threads if you do not get a response, especially if it's a feature request. You could always try searching the forum, which was how I found out about the Search and Replace plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.