Synch with Nextcloud using self-signed certificate failed

Here is my current configuration:

Nextcloud 26 (sync target)
Joplin 2.11.11 (prod, win32)
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 43
Keychain Supported: Yes
Revision: 6886f6f

I am using self-signed certificates and CA on windows 10 to access Nextcould 26 without issue. When trying to sync Joplin with nextcloud I get:

Error. Please check that URL, username, password, etc. are correct and that the sync target is accessible. The reported error was:
request to "nextcloud URL" failed, reason: unable to verify the first certificate (Code UNABLE_TO_VERIFY_LEAF_SIGNATURE)

I am certain the username, password and WEBDAV paths are correct. So the problem is in the certificate. The root CA has been installed into the Windows store and I can access nextcloud via https. I’ve googled this issue but have not found a solution. Can anyone help?

@kenw welcome to the forum.

As I understand it Joplin does not use the certificate store of the OS upon which it is installed. It uses the certificate store built into Electron. Therefore even though you have added your self-signed CA to the OS store it will not be used. That is why under the Advanced settings for sync you can add the path to your CA certs so Joplin uses them to verify your connection.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.