Sync with FreeNAS/TrueNAS WebDAV share

Hi there!
I'm trying to configure a WebDAV sync target for Joplin. (I previously successfully used local filesystem sync but want to switch because syncthing is a battery vampire on my phone).

I have set up a WebDAV share on my local FreeNAS server (TrueNAS-12.0-STABLE). The share works fine. When I open a browser and type the URL http://192.168.0.190:8080/joplin/ I am asked for login credentials and then I can view the file tree.

However when I add this URL + credentials to Joplin's WebDAV sync settings, and click the check config button, I get the following error:

PROPFIND : Unknown error 2 (401): <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>401 Unauthorized</title> </head><body> <h1>Unauthorized</h1> <p>This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.</p> </body></html> (Code 401)

Anyone have an inkling as to where the problem might lie?
I have tried different configurations of the URL but none work (for example, removing the port number).
I only need this to work within my LAN.

I'm using Joplin 1.6.8 (prod) Android and Linux-desktop clients.

Thanks in advance for any hints or suggestions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.