Restore from Dropbox Failed

I am using Mac version 2.10.19 and iOS 12.11.3 syncing with Dropbox

Both devices are devices provided by work and we switched to a new MDM, therefore both devices were wiped and I restored from a backup (at least in the case of my iPhone). Then I launched Joplin and the only notes in there were the standard beginner notes. So I reconnected my Dropbox and performed a sync but no notes came over, only the standard beginner notes.

So, I did the same with my iPhone. Now I just have two copies of the standard beginner notes.
I have the standard Dropbox account. I have not touched anything else hoping the data was not overwritten and I can get my notes back.

Please help.

Welcome to the community!

I'm afraid I can't help directly with troubleshooting, but in my experience Joplin is backed up in iCloud by default, including all its data. That's why I was so surprised one or two years ago when my storage quota was up 1.6 GB all of a sudden (exactly the size of my Joplin data folder back then).

Now I'm surprised that restore from iCloud didn't work for you - maybe anyone reading this has tried to restore Joplin from an iCloud backup before. First thing I did back then was to turn off iCloud backup for Joplin, because end-to-end-encryption for iCloud (called Advanced Data Protection) was not available at that time.

Do you have a notion what size your notes and resources directory was, and can you find Joplin's sync folder in Dropbox?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.